Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
We are looking for an Africa Analyst to work at the intersection of cutting-edge technology, cost-effective supply chain and manufacturing, complex healthcare systems, and highly regulated airspaces. We are looking for a versatile leader, strong in both strategy and execution with proven success delivering cross-functional, technical programs efficiently and on-time. At Dove Air, we envision technology as the key solution to achieve our ambitious mission of providing every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities of Africa Analyst
- To be successful in this role, you will be organized and efficient, friendly, and energetic.
- Support to operations: Support regional operations by reviewing the economic, development, and strategic impact of Dove Air operations, as well as contributing to the economic analysis of project documents, board papers, regional/country briefs, etc.
- Oversee program implementation, providing programmatic, financial and administrative leadership to achieve all deliverables, targets, and timelines;
- Coordination of meetings and preparation of minutes.
- Assisting with the management of relationships with Community Partners nationally.
- Assisting with the preparation and circulation of the Board papers and management of Foundation Board Financial material every quarter
- Corresponding with grant recipients, receiving and reviewing applications, distribution of grants, receipting and reporting, and maintaining grant recipient database spreadsheets
- Preparing budgets and the ongoing management of budget and expenses
- Assisting with the review of any legislative, regulatory and governance developments and amendments that may impact the Foundation
- Conduct in-depth analytics on specific themes relevant to private sector development at the country or regional level.
- Monitor and report on political, macroeconomic, and sector developments in select countries;
- Conduct analytical research as required, consolidate and maintain information on Dove Air’s activities in assigned countries such as portfolio, pipeline, development impact indicators, scorecard, etc;
- Contribute to the preparation of briefs, reports, and presentations to various stakeholders, including senior management and the Board;
- Conduct analytical work on strategic topics that inform country strategies;
- Keep abreast of the latest research and innovative solutions about private sector development agenda in assigned countries;
- Effectively represent Dove Air and establish and maintain productive relationships with multilateral groups, government counterparts, relevant civil society organizations, academics, media, and business leaders;
- Supervise and oversee the work of a dynamic program team, partners, and subcontractors, providing vision and guidance;
- Guide the program’s learning agenda, applying lessons to adopt implementation strategies and approaches, and disseminate findings;
- Review deliverables and technical materials to ensure high-quality products and adherence to Dove Air analytical and data integrity standards.
- Oversees the preparation and delivery of high-quality reports to multilateral partners, including quarterly and annual reports, and other reports required by the contract. This includes providing project data and information, reviewing documents for accuracy, and writing relevant sections as agreed with the home office
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors, and other stakeholders for successful implementation.
- Provide strategic guidance, leadership, management and general technical oversight of the entire program, with a strong focus on achieving defined results
- Provide overall project vision and leadership, manage overall project design and delivery.
- Act as a key liaison with all implementing partners and stakeholders involved with the program
Required Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Preference of Advanced university degree in political science, international development, economics, computer science, or another relevant social science.
- Minimum eight (8) years prior work experience in managing a project with of comparable size and scope
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in governance and/or civil society programming, and service delivery in Mozambique or comparable contexts;
- Must be able to discuss technical concepts at a high level and willing to learn new concepts;
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following area would be an advantage but not required: integrated development planning in the various sector (eg, energy, natural disaster management, health, and education), capacity assessment and institutional strengthening, public consultation, health and safety plans;
- Preference of familiarity with ICT, e-governance and open data platforms;
- Extensive experience working with government, private sector and civil society throughout West and East Africa
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and advance complex, politically sensitive activities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
- High-levels of relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills, report writing, and problem-solving skills.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Exemplary organization skills and the ability to multitask;
- Strong attention to detail;
- A proactive work style;
- The ability to ‘manage up’ and confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, especially in Outlook, as well as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
*We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.