Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives? Ready to change the world?
About the Role:
As a member of Dove Air’s Policy team, you will lead the regulatory affairs group setting Dove Air’s aviation regulatory strategy and shaping issue agendas with aviation regulators. You will help advise our internal teams on aviation policy and regulatory proposals and the implications it has on their work. In this role you will be responsible for leading Dove Airs interactions with global aviation regulators, gaining regulatory approval of Dove Air’s operations globally, providing input to Dove Airs responses to regulatory and policy proposals related to drone delivery and UTM platforms, and representing Dove Air before regulatory and industry bodies setting UAS regulatory frameworks. This role requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, a proactive mindset, a get-things-done attitude, and excellent communication skills. Ideal candidates are great writers with a passion for aviation and technology and a technical background.
What You’ll Do:
- In close coordination with the Head of Global Policy and other members of Dove Air’s leadership team, develop and implement Dove Air’s aviation regulatory strategy for both delivery and UTM services
- Gain regulatory approval for Dove Air’s operations globally working closely with business, operations and engineering teams to understand their objectives and advocate for outcomes that will enable Dove Air’s success
- Promote and advocate externally for key Dove Air priorities in the aviation space
- Stay abreast and involved in the industry and regulatory movements, including:
- Standards development (ASTM, IEEE, etc)
- Technical requirements (Remote Identification, Detect and Avoid, Spectrum)
- Future integration (with urban air mobility, autonomous ground vehicles, etc)
- Work closely with your colleagues on the global policy team to ensure Dove Air’s advocacy is closely aligned with aviation regulatory objectives
What You’ll Need:
- 10-15 years working with or in a regulatory agency with expertise in aviation policy and regulation as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting in small and large forums, both public and private
- Team player with a sense of humor and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment
- Technical degree
- Startup experience ideal, startup mentality a must, resourceful and resilient with the ability to get things done in dynamic and ambiguous circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business implications of public policy
- Experience working closely with and advising product or engineering teams
- Excellent personal, political, analytical and organizational skills
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.