Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
We are looking for a Business Analyst intern to work at the intersection of cutting-edge technology, cost-effective supply chain and manufacturing, complex healthcare systems, and highly regulated airspaces. We are looking for a student strong in both strategy and execution with proven success delivering cross-functional, technical programs efficiently, and on-time. At Dove Air, we envision technology as the key solution to achieve our ambitious mission of providing every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities of Business Analyst Intern
- Preparation of Community program communications including newsletters, internet stories, flyers, email communications, recruitment material.
- Producing presentations and/or and presenting for a variety of stakeholders.
- Assisting with correspondence, including mailbox, preparation of draft communications to employees
- Coordination of meetings and preparation of minutes.
- Assisting with the management of relationships with Community Partners nationally.
- Assisting with the preparation and circulation of the Board papers and management of Foundation Board Financial material every quarter
- Preparing budgets and the ongoing management of budget and expenses
- Assisting with the review of any legislative, regulatory and governance developments and amendments that may impact the Foundation
- To be successful in this role, you will be organized and efficient, friendly, and energetic.
- Support to operations: Support regional operations by reviewing the economic, development, and strategic impact of Dove Air operations, as well as contributing to the economic analysis of project documents, board papers, regional/country briefs, etc.
- Oversee program implementation, providing programmatic, financial and administrative leadership to achieve all deliverables, targets, and timelines;
- Conduct in-depth analytics on specific themes relevant to private sector development at the country or regional level.
- Monitor and report on political, macroeconomic, and sector developments in select countries;
- Conduct analytical research as required, consolidate and maintain information on Dove Air’s activities in assigned countries such as portfolio, pipeline, development impact indicators, scorecard, etc;
- Help research and write Country Private Sector Diagnostics and prepare Dove Air inputs into subsequent WBG (World Bank Group) Systematic Diagnostics.
- Support Country managers to prepare Dove Air country strategies and then coordinate Dove Air inputs into WBG Country Partnership Frameworks;
- Provide inputs for project cycle documents: Draft country context, provide macro-economic background, Dove Air role, strategic fit, and World Bank Group objectives.
- Contribute to the preparation of briefs, reports, and presentations to various stakeholders, including senior management and the Board;
- Conduct analytical work on strategic topics that inform country strategies;
- Keep abreast of the latest research and innovative solutions about private sector development agenda in assigned countries;
- Effectively represent Dove Air and establish and maintain productive relationships with multilateral groups, government counterparts, relevant civil society organizations, academics, media, and business leaders;
- Supervise and oversee the work of a dynamic program team, partners, and subcontractors, providing vision and guidance;
- Guide the program’s learning agenda, applying lessons to adopt implementation strategies and approaches, and disseminate findings;
- Uphold Dove Air technical and workplace environment standards and ensure strict compliance with regulations and internal controls;
- Exercise sound financial management skills including effective project spending;
- Review deliverables and technical materials to ensure high-quality products and adherence to Dove Air analytical and data integrity standards.
- Act as a spokesperson for the program and presenting its work regionally and globally
- Oversees the preparation and delivery of high-quality reports to multilateral partners, including quarterly and annual reports, and other reports required by the contract. This includes providing project data and information, reviewing documents for accuracy, and writing relevant sections as agreed with the home office
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors, and other stakeholders for successful implementation.
- Provide strategic guidance, leadership, management and general technical oversight of the entire program, with a strong focus on achieving defined results
- Provide overall project vision and leadership, manage overall project design and delivery.
- Act as a key liaison with all implementing partners and stakeholders involved with the program
- Ensure synergies across technical components of the project; ensures good team planning, coordination, deployment of resources, and intra-team communication in support of project objectives
Required Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Preference of studying an Advanced university degree in political science, international development, economics, computer science, or another relevant social science.
- Must be able to discuss technical concepts at a high level and willing to learn new concepts;
- Preference of familiarity with ICT, e-governance and open data platforms;
- Ability to learn to effectively manage and advance complex, politically sensitive activities.
- High-levels of relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills, report writing, and problem-solving skills.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Exemplary organization skills and the ability to multitask;
- Strong attention to detail;
- A proactive work style;
- The ability to ‘manage up’ and confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, especially in Outlook, as well as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
*We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.