How do we build and grow Dove Air in Africa we can get every human across Africa instant access to vital medical products?
This is the question that you’re going to be answering if you join the team at Dove Air.
As the Chief Operating Officer, you will partner with other leaders at Dove Air to hire our local team, manage the business, and work with our partners in industries such as supply chain and public relations. You’ll be deeply involved in explaining Dove Air’s value to our government health systems customers, managing our relationships with stakeholders in the private and public sector, and expanding our footprint in Africa
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Make fast, good CEO-level decisions in the face of incomplete information.
- Must have experience working in the public healthcare sector in Africa.
- Persuasively explain Dove Air’s impact to our customers and other stakeholders in the private and public sectors.
- Rapidly learn every detail of Dove Air’s technology so that you can map out how to maximize Dove Air’s impact on Africa’s health sector.
- Help integrate a new technology system into the healthcare supply chain and coordinate Dove Air’s launch with powerful stakeholders.
- Manage the P&L of the business to ensure it is experiencing healthy growth.
- Play an active role in hiring new members of our team across various regions of Africa.
- Come up with new and creative ways to grow Dove Air’s business and diversify our services in Africa.
- Be a servant leader who is willing to jump on all sorts of projects, regardless of whether you’ve had experience doing something similar or not.
- Be an entrepreneur, and able to creatively solve hard problems in an unstructured environment.
- Be fluent in English and have a robust local network.
Skills and Core Competencies
- A COO must have excellent leadership skills, business acumen, and ability to effectively manage, lead, and supervise a multidisciplinary team.
- They must excel at strategic thinking, be open to new perspectives and better ways to do things; and be creative, a visionary, and manage innovation well.
- A COO must be results-driven.
- A successful COO must have superior decision-making skills.
- Must have the ability to delegate effectively.
- The COO must possess executive-level communication and influencing skills with the ability to resolve issues, build consensus among a group of diverse internal/external stakeholders, and have proven skills in negotiating and mediating conflict.
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Fundraising experience.
- International business experience.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.