Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
About the role
As we grow the business into new markets, the commercial team is growing. As the title suggests, you will be at the center of the commercial operations of the business. You will work with the rest of the team, but will also have the autonomy to manage your workstreams.
A little more about your role & responsibilities on the commercial side:
- You will help manage and monitor the company strategy and KPIs
- You will use structured problem solving to produce clear Powerpoint decks and financial models in support of company fund-raising efforts
- You will help manage financial models and the company budget
- You will undertake research and analysis regarding new business opportunities and the company expansion strategy
- You will help with managing multiple stakeholders in the sales and reporting processes and will help manage the broader sales pipeline
You will be working within the commercial team, driving a crucial area of the business at an important time for the company.
As our operations grow, you will also need to help us with the operations of our business.
This will involve elements of the following:
- Designing and implementing processes for our ground operations in conjunction with our aviation operations teams
- You will monitor the processes and improve upon them iteratively
- You will help us to review commercial contracts to help ensure they are commercially practical and reasonable and provide input as necessary
- You will help with setting up corporate entities and other business infrastructure in new countries and new markets.
As part of this, you will work with stakeholders and the wider operations team to manage the import/ export of equipment and aircraft as we set up operations in new markets.
You will be highly autonomous and self-motivated, and driven by a hunger to see the business grow and succeed in its next phase of development. You will be working with the commercial team to manage relationships with existing and new customers, and a broad set of senior stakeholders such as regulators and government ministries – in this way you’ll be a natural with people and hold a high and professional level of business acumen.
You will need to be a creative and lateral thinker with a strong organizational and analytical mindset. You’ll be drawn to working in an entrepreneurial environment, supporting the general business functions and the operations to achieve effective results and scale our autonomous airborne transport networks globally. You will be excited by the opportunity to grow with a rapidly growing organization, and about the possibilities for yourself and for the company that accompanies it.
It’s important that you can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to demonstrate experience (18 months minimum) in strategy, sales, operations, and stakeholder management – likely through experience in a consulting firm, investment bank, startup or another professional background
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate PowerPoint and Excel skills used in a professional environment
- Ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial drive, business acumen, creativity and ability to demonstrate both structured and lateral thinking
- Fluency in other languages is a major plus
If you can demonstrate knowledge of public health systems, familiarity with large multi-stakeholder deals, and knowledge of commercializing new technology, that would be highly valued.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in this field. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.