Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
About the role:
We’re looking for someone to join our team on a contract basis to lead a project to build new autonomous capability in our software. We are after someone who can drive a project to utilize computer vision to expand the autonomous capability of our vehicles, by utilizing your experience building computer vision systems that utilize data from a pre-trained neural network to facilitate real-time operation on embedded hardware.
Ideally, you’ve worked on a similar project and are comfortable owning and leading the project to completion. You’ll need a background in robotics, machine learning, or as an embedded systems computer vision expert.
- Experienced with Jetson Nano TX2 or similar
- Experienced with Google CloudML or AWS Sagemaker (preferable)
- Exposure to computer science
- Ph.D. or similar with a similar project
- Experience with embedded software in robotics applications
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- You’ll need to be self-driven and able to drive change in a fast-moving organization
- You’ll be an expert communicator and comfortable working alongside business and technical stakeholders, at all levels, to share your knowledge and expertise
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in this field. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.