Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Do you like tackling system-level reliability and pushing hardware past its limit? Do you prefer data and running tests over meetings? At Dove Air, our work is intended for the field. Patients are counting on it tonight, there is no time for aiming low or for coming up short. If building systems to yield a 2-5x increase in reliability and production volume in the next 3 months appeals to you, read on.
Dove Air believes that access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world right now, 7 days a week. Are you interested in building a system that 200 million people will depend on with their lives?
As a member of the Hardware Reliability and Test team, you will join and help shape a passionate, high-commitment, and high-initiative culture. You will be respected for your technical skill, your hands-on bias to action, and your discipline to close projects. You synthesize design and field data to develop test systems, test procedures, and validation plans. You will solve complex problems with little direction, defining milestones, schedules, managing vendors, all while mitigating risks and ensuring that the smallest details of the user interface or instrumentation are delivering your customers an elegant solution. You have the freedom and autonomy to make it happen, you have the responsibility for everything that does or does not happen.
Must-Have Project Experience
- Experience on a mission-driven team, in a passionate and high commitment, high initiative environment
- Capable of solving complex multidisciplinary problems with little supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Full life-cycle development of new electromechanical hardware test systems – revolutionary, not evolutionary approaches
- Hands-on builder: Build, commission, and run complex systems working closely with vendors and engineering technicians, including those better than you at their craft
Must-Have Technical Experience
- Prior experience designing and testing high power electrical systems, owning full product development from concept through commission and hand-off
- Trusted technical expert in designing electrical systems resilient to harsh environments, ESD, and high electrical noise.
- Enthusiastic about developing a diverse, evolving hardware test and manufacturing test capability in-house
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication
- Ability to synthesize elegant solutions from disparate industries like aerospace, consumer electronics, medical, or construction
- Hands-on fabrication of test equipment: circuit board design, setup, and monitoring of ongoing tests, maintenance of in-house durability and manufacturing test equipment
In 1 Month You Will
Expertly manage and lead a complex test system or HITL bring-up including deriving requirements, end-state, and overall scope.
Develop a credible plan given the risks, gains, and time sensitivity and then get hands-on to make it happen.
Independently perform a validation test including scoping, setup, operation, issue identification, and report clear, repeatable test procedures from minimal specifications.
Put wisdom through results in the design team’s hands within 3 weeks.
In 3 Months You Will
Drive design changes into flight-critical systems through fact and data-driven approaches.
Be recognized as a subject matter expert on the Test team who coaches and teaches others to level the entire team-up.
Lead root-cause investigations, especially relating to complex system interactions.
Work closely with mechanical, electrical, and embedded software disciplines to establish clear test objectives from technical concepts; enable ground test solutions for flight systems; communicate actionable design improvements at the moment of greatest value.
Translate hardware knowledge into testers which enable reliable manufacture of our components
In 6 Months You Will
Own electrical test-system development across our projects and mentor others in this area. For example, test platforms for ESD, signal noise, back-EMF, mechanism cycle testing.
Provide forward-looking choices on in-source vs. outsource, invent vs. leverage. Develop and maintain a lasting network of test equipment and service partners.
Serve as a voice of Dove Air Flight Operations by applying quantitative acceptance criteria to design validation tests.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.