Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
About the Role:
Dove Air is at the forefront of a logistics transformation, using autonomous aircraft to deliver on-demand, life-changing medical supplies to nations around the world. Our goal is to revolutionize the healthcare supply chain to ensure the medicine is delivered to everyone, everywhere.
Dove Air is looking for a qualified Flight Controls Engineer who is self-motivated, highly ambitious, and excited by the prospect of revolutionizing the global healthcare supply chain through the deployment of autonomous aircraft. The role of Flight Controls Engineer will be to design, implement, and test flight controls for fixed-wing aircraft that also have vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) capabilities. You will contribute to an inclusive, highly dynamic, and results-driven international team.
What you will be required to do:
Implementation of new software or algorithms to support mission-specific capabilities
- Integration of sensors in aircraft’s state estimator
- Development of guides, instructions, and training materials for the flight operations team
- Post-flight data review
- Support the development and certification of aircraft
- Develop and maintain flight controls regression test – suite
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s highly advantageous) in a relevant technical field, such as Aeronautical, Mechanical, Software, or Controls Engineering
- Advanced knowledge in C++ and Python
- Previous experience with Git and/or SVN
- Proficiency with Linux
- Previous practical application of classical or modern control theory to an autonomous system
- Minimum of two years of professional experience with classical dynamics, modeling, and simulation, and developing controls solutions in C++ and Python
- Experience implementing controls algorithms based on scientific publications
- Creation of robotics models in ROS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you believe you suit the criteria, are passionate about changing people’s lives, and have what it takes to transform the global healthcare supply chain we would love to hear from you! Please complete the form below and attach a one page CV, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in this field. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.