Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives? Ready to change the world?
About the Role:
As a Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Engineer, you’ll leverage your expertise in aircraft and system dynamics, simulation, estimation, and control theory, and autonomy to craft safety-critical solutions to enable highly-reliable operations of self-flying aircraft in diverse operating environments.
What You’ll Do
- Create innovative, reliable, and efficient GNC solutions to enable new and challenging aircraft capabilities
- Have ownership and cognizance of GNC systems throughout the complete development lifecycle, from initial idea to system deployment in business operations
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team to ensure high-level performance goals are met and business objectives are achieved
- Perform detailed GNC analyses of system designs, analyze research and development test data, communicate these results to the Dove Air team
- Support of development and execution of GNC system integration and test efforts, including flight test
- M.S in Controls Engineering (or similar) or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in GNC technology and product development, deployment and transition into full-rate production
- Technical depth in at least one of the following areas: aircraft dynamics and control, multi-modality sensor fusion, INS/GPS navigation system development, UAV path planning algorithms, and/or GNC simulation and data analysis
- Experience with MATLAB and C++ on embedded platforms
- Experience in developing flight critical and safety-critical UAV GNC solutions
- Experience in bringing a UAV GNC solution to certification by an aviation regulatory agency
- Strong expertise on all aspects of automation and autonomous systems, with significant technical depth in at least three of the following areas: aircraft dynamics and control, multi-modality sensor fusion, INS/GPS navigation system development, UAV path planning, and/or GNC simulation and data analysis
- Strong MATLAB and C++ implementation experience on safety-critical real-time systems
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.