Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
About the role
The International Flight Operations Manager plays a key role in leading the deployment of a Dove Air network abroad; they’re the boots on the ground, in every location where we operate.
You can expect to spend up three to four months abroad, leading a small team to commence flight operations and build the local Dove Air capacity for long-term operations.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but we have some specific requirements for the right candidate:
- Demonstrated experience working in the emerging world, interacting with stakeholders at a high level, and overcoming adversity to achieve outstanding results. This could be working for an NGO or a multilateral, and any commercial experience is a bonus.
- Exposure to aviation operations, ideally holding a civil pilots license or have experience managing aircraft operations
- You can demonstrate proven leadership ability, and have at least 18 months of experience in a management role
- Fluent in French, Portuguese, or Bahasa Indonesian
- You love to be challenged, can work quickly to solve complex problems, and have strong attention to detail
- You’re comfortable being hands-on in less-than-perfect situations, where the temperature, language, or geography may be a barrier to overcome in order to get the job done
- Experience in the development and delivery of training including individual assessment and the provision of feedback
- Held responsibility for the development of workplace or aviation industry risk assessments
- Ideally, hold a Remote Pilots Licence or Flight experience (RPL/PPL/CPL)
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in this field. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.