About Dove Air:
At Dove Air, our goal is to revolutionize the way medicine is delivered to everyone, everywhere. Dove Air is an aeromedical drone logistics
Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
About the role:
Dove Air is looking for a highly ambitious, self-motivated, and experienced individual for the position of Robotics Software Engineer. In this role, you will design, implement, and test a broad range of software and firmware systems that are suitable for aircraft with vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) capacity.
- Develop advanced guidance, navigation, and control behaviors for autonomous, payload, long-range VTOL, aircraft operating in multiple complex scenarios
- Work with machine vision and perception specialists to build a rich set of autonomous capabilities based upon sophisticated sensor fusion
- Source, qualify, select and validate a variety of perception sensors
- Source and/or develop sensor drivers as needed to pull data into the robotic system
- Rapid prototyping of sensor and actuator subsystems to eliminate uncertainties in forward-looking aircraft design
- Work closely with the Controls and Reliability teams to ensure a smooth handoff of validated systems
- Assist in troubleshooting sensor, actuator and controls problems that arise in pre-production systems
- Develop software and firmware that is a reproducible, traceable and transparent manner to ensure a streamline, efficient production system
- Develop tests, set up continuous integration pipelines and document design decisions
- Advanced written and communication skills
- The high degree of proficiency with program software and language used in embedded systems and robotics
- Prior experience and practical operation of robotics and autonomous vehicle technologies and techniques such as stereo vision, mapping, localization, static, dynamic and non-cooperative obstacle avoidance, sensor fusion and filtering
- Advanced knowledge of robotics algorithms and an understanding of real-time systems
- Advanced knowledge of concurrent programming and memory management in bare metal, RTOS, or Linux based environments
- Ability to read and write sensor and actuator drivers written in a C-like language
- Experience using common Linux command-line tools for building and testing code
- Ability to break down complex, long-term projects into a series of smaller iterations with finite time constraints
- Minimum of three years of experience building a series of robotic systems
- Prior experience building custom software for drones / UAVs / flying robots
- Prior experience developing vision-based perception code, especially with Nvidia Jetson and CUDA
- Prior experience developing safety-critical systems such as aerospace, automotive, rail, or medical devices
- Prior experience working in a high-reliability software development practice such as ASTM F3201-16 or DO-178C
- Prior experience working in an Agile development environment
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in this field. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.