About Dove Air:
Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
About the Role:
As Robotics UAV Electrical Technician, you will have experience in digital systems, sensors, and power systems to develop vehicle avionics and ground-based launch and recovery electrical designs. This is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to the future of autonomous vehicles, aviation, logistics, and transportation, and make a long-lasting impact on the lives of millions of people.
What you will be required to do:
- Functionally test electronic sub-assemblies
- Set up PCBA tests in an environmental chamber and run temperature cycles, monitoring the performance, and recording data
- Design and development of printed circuit board assemblies
- Repair PCBA’s and wiring assemblies
- Debug new PCBA’s on the bench
- Checkpoint – to –point continuity on complicated sub-assemblies
- Order and kit parts for new assemblies
- Assist in the final inspection of UAV’s including pack out
- Troubleshoot issues to root cause
- Perform other duties that may be required
- Travel on occasion
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering field, or a combination of relevant coursework and experience.
- Previous work experience in electronics or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Previous work experience in troubleshooting and testing electronics to the component level
- Strong ability to demonstrate an advanced background in digital and analog electronics
- Proficient at troubleshooting circuit boards and wire harnesses utilizing schematics, wiring diagrams, and test equipment;
including multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Strong capability to set up and run functional and environmental testing on both PCMA’s and system components
- Experienced at prototyping circuits and performing solder rework to a high standard – proficient with surface mount components
- Advanced use of software testing suites, Labview, Hypertrm (Networking experience is also a plus)
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Strong work ethic, high-energy and a motivated self-starter
- Visual Acuity, clear attention to detail and highly diligent
If you believe you suit the criteria, are passionate about changing people’s lives, and have what it takes to produce the next generation delivery system for medical supplies we would love to hear from you! Please complete the form below and attach a one page CV, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in this field. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.