Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Dove Air is developing the most advanced fleet of autonomous vehicles in the world to serve its mission of providing life-saving medical products across the planet. To do this, we’re building a small team of the best and brightest software engineers to come up with simple solutions to really hard problems.
We’re looking for a software engineer to join our team building backend route planning infrastructure. You will work with large-scale mapping and geospatial systems to enable Dove Air to safely fly wherever our customers are. You will help us plan flight routes, manage map data, and build intuitive tools to edit and manipulate survey data and flight paths. You will influence the architecture and design of data management, validation infrastructure, and analysis systems.
Types of projects you’ll work on:
- A system that generates flight routes validates them, then releases them to operations
- Map data ingestion, processing, and validation infrastructure
- Technical Integrations with Civil Aviation Authorities to automate flight route approvals and flight restrictions
You’ll mesh with the team if you:
- Care deeply about efficiency and productivity
- Are passionate about the experience of software engineering as much as the output
- Love designing elegant systems that allow for reuse and composability
- Aren’t afraid to dig into any piece of code you come across, no matter the area of the stack
Strong candidates will have many of these skills:
- 3+ Years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- Expert in Python, Fluent in C, and C++
- Experience working with Geospatial Data and Databases
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Linux-based server environments
- Familiarity with containerization tools such as Docker
- The ability to dive in and contribute to all parts of the stack when needed
Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. To achieve this, we are building an awesome team of smart, dedicated engineers who come from all sorts of backgrounds. We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but you are unsure if you meet all the requirements listed above, please apply!