Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Are you someone who loves tackling software challenges that cut across multiple teams? Are you motivated to deeply understand new products and to bring quality and process to their manufacture? Do you enjoy finding simple and elegant solutions to complicated problems? If so, we’re excited to get to know you!
Dove Air is scaling around the world and we need someone to join the team who is excited to increase our build capacity by 5x in the coming months. Every day, your commitment and decisive actions will help save lives.
Dove Air was founded by humanitarians and engineers dedicated to making the world a better place. We believe someone’s access to crucial medicines should not depend on their GPS coordinates. We value action over meetings.
Dove Air has designed and built highly reliable autonomous aircraft as part of our logistics network. We operate the world’s only national scale drone delivery systems. We already makeover 1000 medical deliveries per month in Africa, we are expanding to Asia and beyond in 2020.
We are looking for an embedded software engineer who’s excited about how hardware comes to life. You will design and develop test equipment to build our drones and distribution centers. You’ll tackle software, electrical, and mechanical challenges to streamline our manufacturing process, and to support in-house teams and vendors in a fast-paced environment.
Strong candidates will have many of these skills:
- Deep knowledge of embedded programming
- Comfortable debugging electrical and software issues on prototype systems
- Experience with manufacturing environments
- Familiarity with Python
- A keen eye for ongoing improvement in reliability, speed, and safety
- Experience working on critical systems, such as medical devices, automotive platforms, aerospace system
Example projects include:
- Meet with mechanical and electrical teams on new vehicle design, take the lead in creating a tester to validate batteries on a production line. Write software to operate that tester, including power electronics, UI, logging.
- Augment a tester in 24 hours to catch quality issues in a critical path component and unblock shipment of new aircraft
- Diagnose an ESD vulnerability, prototype solutions, and test-fly in the same week.
- Write drivers and interfaces to evaluate alternate vehicle components from new suppliers.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but you are unsure if you meet all the requirements listed above, please apply!