Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Dove Air operates the world’s only drone delivery system at a national scale to send urgent medicines like lifesaving blood and vaccines to those in need, no matter where they live. We’re at the forefront of a revolution, designing, manufacturing, and operating our fleet of drones to provide instant access to those who were previously underserved.
Dove Air is looking for a technical release manager to own our software release process and uphold a standard of excellence in software testing and validation. As a technical release manager, you will work closely with software engineers to review test plans and help drive release process improvements. You will also work hand-in-hand with our operations teams to ensure the smooth roll-out of new functionality. We have a strong culture of software engineers rigorously testing their code, and as release manager, you can help us raise the quality bar even higher as our engineering and operations teams continue to scale.
Types Of Projects You’ll Work On
- Owning and improving the release process that governs the deployment of software updates to production facilities across the world
- Helping to devise structured testing plans to safely release multiple, interdependent software products
- Identifying opportunities for cross-functional testing that might be overlooked by individual teams
- Communicating release status to external stakeholders
You’ll Mesh With The Team If You
- Have a meticulous attitude towards testing, validation, and rollout of safety-critical software
- Are willing to stand up for rigorous validation in the face of schedule pressure
- Enjoy interacting with many different teams and disciplines to accomplish results
We’re excited to meet you if you have some or all of the following:
- 2+ years prior experience working in software release management
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with continuous integration toolchains
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience working on hardware/software projects and collaborating with hardware engineers
Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. To achieve this, we are building an awesome team of smart, dedicated engineers who come from all sorts of backgrounds. We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but you are unsure if you meet all the requirements listed above, please apply!