Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
Dove Air is at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies around the world and we’re looking for motivated, proactive team members to join us. We have flown over 30,000 flights to date in multiple countries and this role will help launch and support Dove Airacross Africa.
At Dove Air, we live our core values of transparency, servant leadership, and customer-centricity. Our team’s collaborative nature combined with a high-energy environment means we tackle seemingly impossible challenges together.
Dove Air is seeking UAS Maintenance Technicians who have sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, and high standards. Success will require attention to detail, a safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology.
You will be responsible for scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, ensuring the aircraft conforms to high standards, is in safe operating condition, and that all SOPs are followed and documented appropriately. This candidate is expected to work closely with engineering, flight operations, and other teams to deliver on their assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Basic engineering knowledge: mechanical, electrical and software
- Mechanical and electrical integration and assembly experience
- Possess FAA airframe and powerplant (A&P) license
- Experience performing precision work with hand tools
- Must be able to travel 20 %- 30%, as necessary
- Ability to lift and or move up to 55 pounds
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in aerospace or robotics
- Remote pilot certificate or manned certificate
- Experience in the development of manuals, training materials, and operational procedures for UAS operations
What to Expect
- WITHIN 1 MONTH: You will receive elite Dove Air aircraft training that includes professional courses as well as an apprenticeship with the rest of the Maintenance team to learn on the job.
- WITHIN 3 MONTHS: You will become a certified Dove Air Aircraft Maintenance professional – Being able to handle all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance alone, and have a thorough understanding of our hardware.
- WITHIN 6 MONTHS: You will become a qualified Dove Air Aircraft Maintenance Instructor assisting with the delivery of classroom and hands-on training.
- WITHIN 12 MONTHS: You will be looked to as someone looked at as a leader for the UAS facility, fielding questions from your team and helping onboard new flight operations personnel coming on-board
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.