Dove Air’s mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should never dictate whether you live. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies at a national scale in several countries and expanding around the world. Are you interested in building a system that 500 million people will depend on with their lives?
Ready to change the world?
As a leader on the global logistics team, you will be responsible for the operation of Dove Air’s warehousing and distribution infrastructure. You will lead a small but ambitious team, setting long-term strategic goals in support of all production processes and global distribution operations. You will define, implement, and track all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for warehousing and distribution. You will be a champion of Dove Air’s high-achievement, high-initiative culture, constantly thinking ahead and designing elegant solutions to the day-to-day challenges we face.
RESPONSIBILITIES – You will lead the strategy for the full spectrum of warehousing and distribution functions, including:
- Partnering cross-functionally with the Supply Chain team and Suppliers to ensure inventory is in a form factor allowing for streamlined receipt and put away.
- Partnering with Transportation and Logistics to ensure accurate and up-to-date delivery schedules and optimized availability of receiving teams.
- Owning the process for the accurate and timely receipt, put away, and replenishment of production inventories for multiple production streams.
- Owning the process for accurate and timely shipments of finished goods and other inventory to operational distribution centers
- Establish protocols for ensuring the accuracy of inventory on location, including routine cycle counting of nettable production inventory locations.
- Lead the development of business requirements documents (BRD) for Systems teams to create Warehouse Management System functionality within Dove Air’s Enterprise Resource Planning software, including BRD creation, user acceptance testing (UAT), training warehouse personnel, and creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of two years of warehousing and distribution center experience, in support of manufacturing activities, including direct supervision of warehouse, inventory, and distribution personnel.
- Basic knowledge of industrial engineering best practices, including Slotting using ABC-type analyses; creation of fixed order quantities for replenishment to production line; workforce capacity analysis.
- Basic knowledge of outsourced warehouse operations, including Preconditions required for successful outsourcing; advantages and disadvantages of outsourced warehouse activities; the structure of outsourced warehouse activities including contractual oversight required and in-house functional requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory control procedures, including Inventory accuracy measurements, implementation, and control of continuous cycle counting processes, root causing / correction of errors into inventory accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of KPIs for warehousing and distribution activities, including target levels of performance for start-up (bottom 25%), mid-stage (middle 50%), world-class (top 25%) warehousing and distribution activities; data sources for creation and tracking of KPIs; identification and prioritization of the improvements required to bring Dove Air’s warehousing and distribution systems to “world-class” status.
Within 1 Month You Will
- Bring Inventory on Location to a minimum of 98.5% accuracy.
- Perform an ABC analysis of on-hand inventory and slot the warehouse accordingly.
- Design and validate all the KPIs required to monitor the operational health of the warehouse, including identification of data sources required to populate KPIs, as well as crafting the system in which KPIs are tracked.
- Create and implement a plan for eliminating constraints in receiving production materials; minimizing dock-to-stock time.
- Identify and eliminate all constraints to effective and efficient replenishment of production inventory to production lines.
Within 3 Months You Will
- Create a schedule identifying daily supplier deliveries for the week, including a dock delivery schedule to de-conflict deliveries.
- Complete elimination of all constraints on a dock-to-stock time of 1 hour.
- Complete elimination of all constraints of order-to-fill time of 1 hour.
- Establish a strategy to bring all remaining KPIs to a world-class (top 25%) standard.
Within 6 Months You Will
- Have brought all remaining warehouse KPIs to a world-class standard.
Dove Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our sensibilities.
We value diversity at Dove Air and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology-related companies. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!